The winner of the Withers will wait for the Wood. 5 horses in this race run their best when up front so pace could be very quick.
1. Atlantic Road - Stretches out from slow maiden win with LASIX on. Will be fired for lead from rail but doesn't look fast enough early. Pass.
2. The Reds - Took 5 tart to break maiden in very slow time with LASIX on. Beaten by a couple runners in here earlier in his career and hasn't improved since. Pass.
3. Highly Motivated - Stretches out form 6.5F 2yo form and stays around one turn. Good trainer but disappointed by work-out pattern off the 4 month layoff and not sure this one is ready for top effort. Vulnerable.
4. Wipe the Slate - Ships East after abysmal effort. Had some trouble early but this one quit badly on the final turn. Gets plenty of pace company here and expect will tire again.
5. Crowded Trade - Stretches out off 6F maiden win with LASIX on. Good running style to get into the exotics but price is an underlay.
6. Capo Kane - Beat a questionable field in the Jerome and then tired in the Withers setting a slow pace. Today pace will be quicker but horse is a big overlay and very capable of holding on for a piece.
7. Freedom Fighter - Ships East for Baffert after narrowly losing to Concert Tour by 1/2 length. Concert Tour would likely be favored in this race. May be best speed and top win contender.
8. Weyburn - Another speed horse but not quick enough early. Big step up in class. Pass
Bottom Line - Freedom Fighter is horse to beat. Capo Kane is other speed horse who could hold on for piece and is a decent bet at 5-1. Highly Motivated will be short price and is vulnerable off the layoff and weak work-out pattern. Crowded Traffic is playable underneath as the other Chad Brown entree.